Our partner in Kenya has volunteer and internship opportunities in a number of placements and currently they are looking for short-term and long-term volunteers.
Hope Development Volunteers is now partnering with Prophet Reward Foundation in Kenya.
Short-term placements include:
Long-Term Placements Include:
The responsibility of the volunteer or intern is:
- To monitor and manage PRF’s (Prophet Reward Foundation) resources to bring about operational outcomes.
- To entail both short-term day-to-day operation and long term capital investment that require advance planning
- Accurate recording and reliable reporting of financial.
- Analyze and interpret historical and current financial information
- To prepare financial plans
- To ensure the effective operations
- Accounting tasks of recording transactions
- To analyses and address common financial managements issues
- Demonstrate skills in utilizing financial information.
- Working closely with PRF trustees and executive board.
- Both planning and implementing.
- The financial statements
- Cash input and deposits
- Bank reconciliation
- Chase outstanding receivables
- Work with sales and client services to resolve billing issues
- Assist in payable invoice and Fillings
- Experience prior working in a team preferably in an accounting department.
Fund Development (Fundraising) Manager
The responsibility of the volunteer or intern is to:
- Research potential funding sources (foundations, corporations, individuals, public sources) local and international.
- Research for grants opportunity for our charitable from the grants.gov for submission by our USA collaborator and representative for the benefit of our local communities.
- To collaborate and working together with the PRF Executive Board of directors to create and setting-up the strategic plan, annual budget and other resources for competitive potential charitable non-profit
- Setting-up PRF charity’s HQs, training and recruiting the Boards, staff, missionaries, volunteers’ local and international set-ups.
- Develop a volunteer programs and implementing our objectives for sustainability of our non-profit charity.
- Research and summarize issues for use in funding appeals
- Explore creative ways to increase PRF’s visibility
- Contribute to the development of marketing materials (i.e.graphic design, layout) in conjunction with PRF’s Executive Board of Directors and collaborator and representative in USA.
- Work with staff on ways to further engage Executive Board of Directors, Board of Advisors and major donors
- Explore grant opportunities and assist with preparation of grant proposals
- Data entry and other administrative duties as needed
- Other responsibilities as they develop, based on volunteer interest areas and organization needs
- Required Fundraising experience
- Graduates in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, nonprofit management, public affairs, or charitable related fields.
- Graphic design and layout skills a strong plus
- Strong writing and research skills
- Self-starter, flexible and able to manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with database/contact management software is a plus
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team or independently as needed
- Others charitable non-profit resources according to his knowledge
The commitment of the volunteer or intern must be between 5 to 8 hours per day,5 days per week for three months to six months.
Benefits: These two long-term placements leads to to permanent employment within the foundation and letter of recommendations.
Accommodation will be provided to the volunteer and all the ground support.
This is a great opportunity for a gapyear student or an intern who is doing financing, project management and other related subjects.